As Grist recently reported Farmer's Markets are Growing, but Farmer's incomes are not. So, in honor of the coming of Spring, here are 5 things you can do in under 5 minutes to support sustainable agriculture. Please take 5 minutes right now![gn_spacer size="20"]
1. Pledge to save seed, create community seed banks and seed libraries, not recognize any law that illegitimately makes seed the private property of corporations and to stop the patents on seed at the Declaration on Seed Freedom by Dr. Vinanda Shiva (if you don't know who she is take another 30 seconds to find out)[gn_spacer size="20"]
2. Sign the change.org petition to stop the approval of genetically engineered salmon (open through April 26th)[gn_spacer size="20"]
3. Watch the HealthCorps video on their awesome work teaching kids to grow their own food and help them fundraise - for every view Kashi donates $2![gn_spacer size="20"]
4. E-mail any aspiring farmers you know (or tweet if you don't know any) about cropmob - a volunteer army for local farms - great place to build skills and community, plus help farms with the labor they need to harvest[gn_spacer size="20"]
5. Go to the Union of Concerned Scientist's page to Set the Record Straight on Monsanto and tweet or facebook share the 8 facts - they've already written the posts for you!
Let us know what action you've taken at #growforgood!